Piriform has released version 5.74 of CCleaner, the latest version with support for Windows Vista and XP. This program can be used to clean various parts of Windows. This includes temporary Windows and Internet files, but also unnecessary junk from a large number of other programs, including Windows Media Player, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, WinRAR and so on. In addition, the number of programs CCleaner can clean up can easily be expanded with the CCEnhancer program.
In addition to cleaning, CCleaner can also fix errors in the registry and shortcuts, modify the list of programs that start with Windows, and it is possible to manage cookies. From this version, the general condition of the computer can also be tested. In addition to a free version, there is also a pro version, which includes an automatic update function. The release notes for this release are as follows:
- This release contains an essential session cleaning compatibility update for Chromium browsers such as CCleaner Browser, Google Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera, Opera GX, Avast Secure Browser and Vivaldi.
- Updates to CCleaner will now be applied automatically in CCleaner Free.
- You can review your Update Preferences in the ‘Options’ → ‘Updates’ menu.
- If automatic updates are enabled, CCleaner will run in the background and check for them twice daily (if you run CCleaner it will always check for an update first).
- We have simplified the ‘Options’ → ‘Updates’ menu down to two settings: one for controlling automatic updates and another for controlling update notifications.
- If your license has expired, we will occasionally show you a reminder when you run CCleaner.
- We fixed a bug where text in warning message boxes was highlighted.
|Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10