Piriform has released version 4.11 of CCleaner. This program can be used to clean various parts of Windows. This includes temporary Windows and Internet files, but also unnecessary junk from a large number of other programs, including Windows Media Player, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Nero, Photoshop, Ad-Aware, WinRAR and so on. In addition, the number of programs that CCleaner can clean up can easily be expanded with the CCEnhancer program. In addition to cleaning, CCleaner can also fix errors in the registry and shortcuts, and it is possible to manage cookies.
CCleaner is offered in different variants. The standard version comes with Google Chrome; so pay close attention to what is checked during installation. On this page contains versions without additional software and a version that can be used without installation. The version without Google Chrome generally appears a week later. In version 4.0, the program has been given a slightly modified appearance and it is now also possible to search for duplicate files. This update also includes the following changes and improvements:
Changes in version 4.11.4619:
- Added Opera 15 and newer Startup item management.
- Added File content duplicate detection to File Finder.
- Improved Drive Wiper SSD detection.
- Added Torch Browser support.
- Added File Finder upper file size threshold.
- Optimized Firefox Profile Startup item detection.
- Improved Scheduler language support (Professional only).
- Improved cleaning
- Google Earth
- MusicMatch Jukebox
- Windows Live Messenger
- Free Download Manager
- Internet Download Accelerator.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8|