Version 5.5 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. Version 5.0 includes a switch to Python 3, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. In version 5.5, the following changes and improvements have also been made:
- Support the caliber:// URL scheme.Clicking on caliber:// URLs can be used to have caliber perform various actions. For details, see this page†
- Viewer: Show caliber:// URL for current book in the Goto->Location panel.
- Edit book: Add an action to the right click menu for tabs to close tabs to the right of the current tab. 1902518†
- Add ability to copy tag, publisher and author in Book details panel by right-clicking. Close tickets: 1902413†
- Annotations browser: Add a context menu for common actions. Close tickets: 1902326†
- Annotations browser: Show a dot for highlights with notes. Close tickets: 1899839†
- Edit book: Saved searches panel: Allow copying the current saved search to the regular search panel by clicking the Export button. Close tickets: 1902227†
- Windows: Fix command line arguments not working for the portable.exe launchers
- Viewer: back and forward buttons on the mouse now trigger the back and forward actions.
- Option to mark all books with annotations/bookmarks. Close tickets: 1902313†
- Various minor improvements to how keyboard focus is handled in the Tag browser.
- Edit book: Fix regression in caliber 5 that caused an error when managing user dictionaries. Close tickets: 1903294†
- Viewer: Fix previous/next buttons iterating over removed bookmarks. Close tickets: 1903831†
- Welcome wizard: Fix changing the language causing a empty folder to be created. Close tickets: 1903825†
- Viewer: Fix regression causing custom shortcuts with shift key pressed not working. Close tickets: 1903699†
- Viewer: In dark mode when showing images with transparency in the popup use a light background color as most images are designed with a light background color in mind. Close tickets: 1903423†
- Fix a regression in the previous release that broke conversion of DJVU files. Close tickets: 1903428†
- Metadata edit: “Set to Undefined” button missing on integer columns. Close tickets: 1903363†
- Entry remains underlined in Tag Browser after clearing filter. Close tickets: 1903086†
- XML Catalogs: Fix languages field missing. Close tickets: 1902126†
- Fix a regression that broke loading of third party plugins that are encoded in an encoding other than UTF-8.
- macOS: Fix viewer not responding to cmd+c to copy text by default.
- Windows: Fix sending email on computers with non-ASCII computer names.
Improved news sources
- Spectator Magazine
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|