A new version of Caliber has been released. Caliber is an open source e-book management tool and is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. It can, among other things, look up all relevant information and chaff images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles into e-book format based on RSS feeds. Also with Caliber books can be purchased at the well-known web shops. The program is actively developed and usually a new version appears every other week on Friday. In version 3.31, the following improvements have been made:
- Book list: Change the font and choose ‘Change font style’. Closes tickets: 1758434 . Note that this setting is per-library so that it can be done in every caliber library.
- fetch-ebook-metadata.exe: Allow specifying identifiers other than just ISBN
- Amazon metadata download: Add support for Amazon Australia (can be configured via Preferences-> Metadata download-> customize the amazon metadata source)
- Table of Contents Edit tool: When generating from XPath’s add-on to duplicate entries at the same level are added or not. Closes tickets: 1790761 .
- Edit book: Allow disabling changes to the HTML and Beautify all files tools. Closes tickets: 1789540 .
- DOCX Input: Fix figures in newer Word documents being duplicated. Closes tickets: 1789238 .
- Content server: Disable offline access if application cache is not available, rather than failing. Closes tickets: 1737642 .
- DOCX Output: Workaround for broken CSS that uses -o-pre-wrap for the white-space property Closes tickets: 1786410 .
- Metadata download: Remove the option to lookup for the first edition