Auto Gordian Knot is a program that can easily convert DVDs and MPEG2 files into an AVI file. Among other things, DivX or XviD can be used for the video compression and AC3, DTS, CBR MP3 or VBR MP3 for the sound compression. Despite the fact that the developer had indicated in the previous version that he would stop further developing the program, he has nevertheless released a new version. The version number has moved up to 2.25 and includes several bug fixes and updates to the bundled software. The announcement that released Auto Gordian Knot 2.25 looks like this:
Xmas is early this year – version 2.25 is out!
As a thanks to my new hosting and mirrors (we have 5 now) and as my holiday gift this year I’m releasing a new version of AutoGK (which still should be considered as the last one). As promised there are no new features, but a bunch of bug fixes and updated bundled software. Oh yeah and there is support for current DivX versions (old 6.0 is no longer supported).
- fixed bug in handling 60fps FILM sources
- fixed bug when minimum width setting was not respected in some cases
- fixed bug in persisting “No Audio/No subs” options for consistently opened files
- fixed “help” link on about window
- fixed bug when AutoGK goes into loop of error message if no XviD is found and DivX version is unsupported
- GREATLY improved speed of analysis step for AVI input sources
- “Unknown language” label is no longer put into AVI audio stream comments
- fixed “cartoon” hidden option propagation for latest XviD
- added support for all DivX versions starting with 6.0.3 build 1697 (plain 6.0.0 is no longer supported)
- updated french and portuguese tutorials
- DGIndex has been updated to version 1.4.5
- avisynth has been updated to version 2.5.6a
- lame has been updated to version 3.97b2
- XviD 1.1 build of 09/12/05 is bundled
Downloaded mirrors are rotated to balance the load, so don’t be surprised if you get files from different location everytime you hit download. Also check for update for versions below 2.25 will not work since I moved hosting.
PS It was reported that latest XviD bundled with this version is incompatible with ESS option of AutoGK, so for the time being you should use XviD from previous version if you wish to use ESS option.
Happy Holidays Everyone,
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|