Apple has released the first update for OS X 10.8, better known as Mountain Lion. In version 10.8, iOS and OS X are getting closer and closer. For example, it is easier to send messages to mobile devices, thanks to the integration with iCloud content and settings can easily be addressed on all devices and games can be played with or against people on iOS. Version 10.8.1 contains a collection of bug fixes, improvements and security updates.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address an issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit this website.
24.20MB – 40.90MB