AOL is developing a new Mac version of AIM, its instant messenger program. The development team picked up again last year to refresh the 4.7 version from early 2004. Mac users have been without the features that were added to AIM Windows versions over time for years. The list of changes for this fourth beta of AIM for Mac 1.5 is as follows:
AIM for Mac 1.5 Beta 4 available for download!
During the past 3 betas, we’ve brought a host of new features to AIM for Mac 1.5:
- AIM conversation logging with Spotlight searching
- Growl notification support
- Custom Buddy Icons from your iSight camera or a graphic file on your Mac
- A new Welcome Window
- Custom Group Row colors
- You can also see if your Buddies updated their social network status from a variety of social networks and RSS feeds.
We’ve even optimized AIM for Mac’s file size (it’s now 30% smaller than AIM for Mac 1.1) and fixed a bunch of bugs and resolved connectivity issues. Please take a look at the Fixed Issues and Changes list and please continue to send feedback.
Note for Beta 2 Users: Users testing Beta 3 will be able to use the automated upgrade system (AIM>Check for Updates…). Users moving up from Beta 2 will need to download AND install Beta 4 directly using the ‘Download Beta 4’ button above.
- Fixed group renaming issue. You can now rename AIM Blast groups (http://blast.aim.com/).
- Fixed error message when encountering an issue during file transfer.
- Fixed occasional crash when inviting users to Buddy Chat.
- Fixed bug when displaying Buddy Icon image in AIM conversation logs.
- Various bug fixes and optimizations.
- Updated WelcomeWindow.
- Improved the Edit Buddy window user experience.
- The screen name, password, save in Keychain, and auto sign in fields are disabled during sign in.
- Inline group name editing was enabled.
|Version number||1.5 beta 4|