The developers at Adium have released the eighth beta version in the 1.4 branch of their instant messenger of the same name. Through the program it is possible to connect and exchange messages via the networks of Twitter, Jabber, ICQ, .NET Messenger Service and Bonjour, among others. The list of changes since the previous entry in the Meuktracker looks like this:
- Added an Imageshack.us image upload service.
- Clarified Twitter error messages when a timeline update fails. Echo a status message when a Tweet is successfully sent.
- Fixed lingering Yahoo issues with double messages, contacts not going offline, etc.
- Updated pidgin-facebookchat, adding group/friend-list support, and fixing user icons.
- Fixed Twitter authentication, adding support for the Twitter PIN codes.
- Added an optional confirmation when closing a window which has multiple tabs, either always or when at least one has unviewed messages. (#12006)
- Added another ignored phrase for IRC server connection processes.
- Fixed the growl notification queue from making messages seem to arrive slightly later than they did, when only a handful are to be displayed. (#12327)
- Fixed improperly setting the Jabber connect server when registering a new account.
- Fixed logging of context loaded from persistent jabber chats. (#12349)
- Moved Quit Confirmations to a new Confirmations advanced preference.
- Fixed connecting to Yahoo!. Please remove any custom hosts you set in the interim.
|Version number||1.4 beta 8|