After a long period of silence, Lavasoft is making a statement again. On Tuesday, version 8.1.0 of Ad-Aware was released. This antispyware program can search your computer and detect and remove malicious software and suspicious cookies. It runs on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista, and is available in Free, Plus, and Pro flavors. Prices and mutual differences can be this page are being found. Below are the release notes for this version:
The New Ad Aware Is Here!
With minimal strain on system resources and power-packed advancements to our anti-malware technology, including advanced Genotype detection technology and a rootkit removal system to protect against hidden threats and stealth attacks, Ad-Aware gives you the power you need to protect your privacy and security, so that you can use the Internet how, when, and where you want! Plus, new community-based initiatives surrounding the release, including community-driven skins, translations, and plug-ins, put even more power in your hands. Power to the people!
Here’s a closer look at what you’ll find in the new version:
- Comprehensive Malware Protection – Powerful protection to keep you safe from today’s toughest threats.
- New! Genotype Detection Technology – Based on heuristics, the new Genotype technology allows Ad-Aware to stay one step ahead of today’s ever-evolving threats, as well as threats that have not yet been created.
- New! Behavior-Based Heuristics Detection – Extra Sensory Protection allows you to go a step beyond detecting known threats – the heuristics detection finds and blocks unknown and emerging threats and stops deceptive malware and cyber thieves before they attack your personal information.
- New! The Neutralizer – Lavasoft’s new advanced removal tool combats malware that attempts to restore itself even after rebooting your system.
- New! Do Not Disturb Mode – Stay protected while enjoying games or movies online – without the irritating interruptions or strain on system resources that other security software programs cause.
- New! Download Guard for Internet Explorer – Download Guard provides an additional layer of protection that lets you download files on Internet Explorer confidently.
- Minimal Strain on System Resources
- New! Simple Mode/Advanced Mode – We know that not all users have the same needs, so we give you the power to decide how you want to interact with Ad-Aware.
- Rootkit Removal System – Deep level rootkit technology to uncover and remove even the most complex monitoring tools.
- Lavasoft ThreatWork Alliance – Improvements to ThreatWork allow the alliance to help provide the best protection possible against the newest and most relevant threats.
- New! Community-Driven Translations & Custom Skins – Make Ad-Aware your own. The new format of the user interface allows you to edit and upload translated text for others to use, or create your own skin.
- New! Community-Developed Plug-ins – Ad-Aware now allows developers to expand the functionality of the program by the creation of plug-ins.
Ad-Aware is available in three versions: Ad-Aware Free Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware Plus Internet Security, and Ad-Aware Pro Internet Security. Ad-Aware Free users will benefit from our proactive malware removal tool, allowing you to effectively combat today’s toughest threats – including spyware, rootkits, Trojans, and more – with the advancements to our detection technology. Plus and Pro users will have advanced Internet security, with “triple threat” protection against viruses, spyware, and rootkits. For a complete feature list for the Free, Plus and Pro versions of Ad-Aware, please take a look at the Product Comparison Chart.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista|