The dark theme helps users to save battery and reduce eye strain. Dark Mode theme for Google Maps has been tested since last September. Google has finally rolled out the Dark Mode theme for Google Maps on Android. The company has announced that the feature is available to Android users worldwide. To enable dark mode in Google Maps just follow these steps:
- Open the Google Maps app on your Android device.
- In the app, go to Settings
- Scroll down and click Theme
- Now look for it Always in a dark theme option
- When done, you can select “Always in Light Theme” and go back to normal.
If you can’t see the Dark Theme option even in the latest version of Google Maps, don’t worry, the feature will be available to every user soon. As of now, no words in dark mode are coming to iOS. According to the company, this feature is now paired with Android phones running Android 9 and above.