Western Digital has released new firmware for its WD TV Live media player. The firmware has been given jersey number 1.02.21 and is just over 32MB in size. There is a topic about this media player on the GoT forum. In the update we find several improvements related to the subtitles and a lot of bugs have been fixed. Below is the full list of changes made since the last stable release:
- PlayTo support for Microsoft Windows 7.
- external subtitle location options (Up/Down arrows).
- larger subtitle font size options.
- Western European language input for keyboard.
- serial and part number to About page.
- support for embedded subtitles in mpg files.
- new category in Photo/Video to view by date.
- a field in network settings for changing the workgroup name.
- ability to play a video from the preview window without restarting.
- username/password feature for SAMBA security.
- Wireless LAN strength bar in Network info page.
- Changed default browsing by date to start with the latest files first.
- Changed video browse default to Preview mode instead of Thumbnail mode.
- Corrected several language translation issues.
- Resolved Cover-Art issue with folder.jpg & file.jpeg
- Resolved slow to source MKV files over network share.
- Resolved issues with external subtitle sync adjustment (Right/Left arrows).
- Resolved abnormal display of BMP photos through a media server.
- Resolved audio channel information showing up in AutoPlay mode.
- Resolved Blu-ray ISO subtitles not displaying throughout video playback.
- Resolved Blu-ray slow playback across SAMBA.
- Resolved camera files not enumerating correctly in mass storage.
- Resolved login issue with SAMBA after exiting screen saver.
- Resolved DVR-MS black screen problem on resume after fast-forward and rewind.
- Resolved external sub/idx subtitles flashbacking issue.
- Resolved playback across media server failures.
- Resolved hard drive icon from disappearing in the video list under preview mode.
- Resolved issue of HDMI becoming jittery after long-time play.
- Resolved M4V files not supporting fast-forward and rewind.
- Resolved manual network addressing issue.
- Resolved missing shuffle & repeat icon for slideshow within Flickr.
- Resolved music search not displaying playlist names.
- Resolved network devices (SAMBA) disappearing without warning.
- Resolved PTP issue of unsupported video file formats DX6490, DIMAGE Z2 & X1, Optio555, and DMC-FX2.
- Resolved Sony Walkman not showing photos within directory.
- Resolved unsupported file formats not showing an error message.
- Resolved video playback overscan issue for CRT TVs.
- Resolved WIFI Belkin F6D4050 with RAlink 3070 chip, and Linksys WUSUB100 Ver 2.
- Resolved WIFI ZyXel NWD-270N dongle not enumerating.