Synology has released an update for Disk Station Manager version 6.2.2. Synology DSM is the management software that runs on several of the company’s NAS products. The Disk and Rack Stations offer more than just extra storage space. For example, backups of all clients on the network can be made and files can be downloaded via http, ftp, bittorrent, usenet and emule, so that, for example, energy-hungry PCs can switch off at night while the download just comes in. In addition, audio and video files can be streamed over the network via the built-in iTunes server, a dynamic website can be hosted using PHP and MySQL and the device can act as a print server.
To be able to install version 6.2.2, at least version 6.0 must be present. Furthermore, it is only suitable for the NAS models whose type number ends with 11 or higher. For the other conditions and the different downloads, look at this page. Few changes that are important to home users have been made in version 6.2. The necessary changes and improvements have been made for the heavier models and the NAS that are used in business environments. The changelog for this release looks like this:
- The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
- This update will restart your Synology NAS.
- In response to Gmail API changes, your DSM needs an update to this version to continue the functionality of sending notifications via Gmail. If you wish to skip this update, or if your Synology product model is not eligible to update to DSM 6.2, please refer to the following article which will guide you through the manual configuration: How to use Gmail SMTP server to send emails for DSM
- Optimized the repair mechanism of RAID 6.
- Enhanced the stability of Btrfs file system.
- Enhanced the performance of the scheduled task to automatically empty the recycle bin.
- Adjusted Gmail notification authentication mechanism to comply with the new Gmail API.
- Fixed the issue where the public sharing link function might not work properly.
- Fixed several issues which might result from the defective NVMe SSDs, such as system startup failure.
- Fixed the issue where Google Chrome might autofill usernames and passwords into incorrect fields.
- Fixed the issue where the encrypted shared folders could not be accessed under certain conditions.
- Fixed the issue where the encrypted shared folders could not be mounted properly after system startup.
- Fixed the issue where, after the restart of Synology NAS or the configuration of Synology High Availability, the domain service powered by Directory Server for Windows Domain might not work properly.
|Version number||6.2.2 build 24922-2|