Synology has released an update for Disk Station Manager version 5.2. Synology DSM is the management software that runs on several of the company’s NAS products. The Disk, Cube and Rack Stations offer more than just extra storage space. In this way, backups of all clients on the network can also be made and files can be downloaded via http, ftp, bittorrent, usenet and emule, so that, for example, energy-hungry PCs can switch off at night while the download just comes in. Furthermore, audio and video files can be streamed over the network via the built-in iTunes server, a dynamic website can be hosted using PHP and MySQL and the device can act as a print server.
In order to install version 5.2, at least version 5.0 must be present. Furthermore, this version is only suitable for the NAS models that end with 10 or higher. For the other conditions and the various downloads, see this page† You can play with a Live demo here† In version 5.2 we find support for smb3 File Station can now also address various cloud storage services and especially the backup functionality, Cloud Station and Photo Station have been greatly improved. Furthermore, the ‘heavier’ hubs can now use Docker. Several improvements have been made in this update and Synology has determined, after investigation, that it is not susceptible to the LogJam-security issue.
- A thorough investigation has been done, and it is confirmed that DSM and its related packages are not impacted by the LogJam vulnerability because of the way Synology implements OpenSSL in our system.
- Improved the stability of SHR expansion.
- Improved the stability of SMB transfer when the system is being accessed by an excessive number of clients.
- Fixed multiple kernel vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-3122, CVE-2014-3153, CVE-2014-0196, and CVE-2014-4699).
- Fixed an issue where CPU usage could remain high when widget is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where LDAP users could fail to log in to DSM.
- Fixed an issue where files could not be downloaded via Windows’ terminal.
- Fixed an issue where system cannot enter hibernation.
- Fixed an issue where some folders with non-English names would become inaccessible via SMB.
- Fixed an issue where volumes/iSCSI LUN cannot be displayed after the Synology High Availability system resumes from safe mode with UPS connected.
|Version number||5.2 build 5565 update 2|