Netgear has released new firmware for its AC1900 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router. This router, also referred to as R7000, can send and receive data on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, and has a theoretical throughput of no less than 1300Mbit/s. In addition, there are five gigabit Ethernet ports, one of which is on the wan side and the other four can be used internally, and a USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 connection are present. The version number of this firmware release is fixed at 188.8.131.52 and the changes look like this:
Please note that starting with this firmware release (V184.108.40.206), iTunesServer, Kwilt Photosharing, Time Machine Backup, TiVo support for media sharing, and the Downloader feature (which was in beta) are no longer supported. If you want to continue using these features, do not update the firmware.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Supports NETGEAR Armor
- Removes the following features: iTunes Server, Downloader, Time Machine, Kwilt, and TiVo
- The WPS feature was greyed out when the 2.4G WiFi radio was disabled.
- After installing the UPnP driver on the LAN PC, the wrong product info displayed.
- The Internet did not disconnect when the WAN was set to static IP and the monthly data limit was reached.
- The Nighthawk app did not accept the correct login password.
- The WPS wizard was not greyed out when WiFi radio was disabled.
- The status was not removed in Attached Device page under bridge mode.
- Stability issues under heavy loading
- Other security issues