Asus has released new firmware for the RT-AC87U. This dual-band router can provide clients with network access both wired and wireless. It has a hefty price tag, but it comes with a mountain of features and good performance. There are also two USB ports, one of which is USB 3.0, so that a printer or external storage can be shared over the network. The new firmware has version number 18.104.22.168.378.4608 and the download is 37MB in size. After the update, it is important to press and hold the reset button for five seconds. The release notes mention the following changes and improvements:
- Fixed AP mode connection issue.
- Fixed guest network disappearing issue.
- Fixed rebooted issue when WAN disconnected and reconnected.
- Fixed traffic monitor GUI issue.
- Upgrade OpenSSL library to 1.0.0q
- Fixed CVE-201301813
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability on page Main_Analysis_Content.asp
- Fixed router reboot issue when disabled AiProtection
- Fixed kernel panic when wan reconnected
- Modified web history strings
- Updated signature to 1.030
- Optimize memory usage
- Fixed IE9 compatibility issue
- Fixed NAT loopback issue
- Fixed abnormal SSH system log
- Fixed network map UI issues.
- Improved UDP performance
- Added Movistar profile in IPTV setting page