Nvidia has released new stable GeForce drivers. The drivers carry version number 417.71 WHQL, are suitable for Windows 7 and higher and can be used on cards based on the Kepler architecture or newer. This release adds support for the GeForce RTX 2060 and now allows variable refresh rate to be used on G-Sync monitors. The changelog also shows bug fixes and a handful of problems that are already known, but for which there is no solution yet. The complete release notes are below:
- Added support for GeForce RTX 2060
G-SYNC Compatible Support
NVIDIA G-SYNC can now be used to activate the VRR features of G-SYNC Compatible displays. G-SYNC Compatible displays have been validated by NVIDIA to not show pulsing, flickering, or other artifacts during VRR gaming. see here for the list of G-SYNC Compatible displays.
- G-SYNC on G-SYNC Compatible displays is supported only with NVIDIA Pascal and later GPU architectures.
- Only single displays are currently supported; multiple monitors can be connected but no more than one display should have G-SYNC enabled.
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [GeForce GTX 1080]: GPU clock speed does not drop to idle when three monitors are enabled. 
- Black screen when resuming from monitor sleep on some DisplayPort monitors. 
- [Notebook]: Fixed lockup that occurred when resuming from sleep on MSI GT83 notebook 
- [GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook][Gu Jian Qi Tan 3]: The application hangs during launch. 
- Fixed black screen on BenQ XL2730 monitor at 144Hz refresh rate 
- [Windows 7][G-SYNC]: Game FPS drops when G-SYNC is used with V-Sync. 
- [SLI][3D Gaming][TU104][PG 180][Multiple apps][Win10RS5x64]Blocky Corruption when application is switched to certain resolutions 
- [Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Fixed occasional application crash in DirectX 12 mode. 
Windows 10 Open Issues
- [SLI][Shadow of the Tomb Raider][G-SYNC]: Flickering occurs in the game when launched with SLI, HDR, and G-SYNC enabled 
- [HDR][Ni no Kuni 2]: Enabling HDR causes the application to crash when launched. 
- [ARK Survival]: Multiple errors and then blue-screen crash may occur when playing the game. 
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. 
- [G-SYNC]: Random flickering occurs when connecting G-SYNC monitor + non-G-SYNC HDMI monitor with G-SYNC enabled. 
|Version number||417.71 WHQL|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|