On the site of Zone Labs announced that there is a new version of the ZoneAlarm Pro firewall software. This brings us to version 188.8.131.52 of this program. One of the new features is to save a security rule configuration and reuse it later. The complete changelog looks like this:
- Cache Cleaner–Periodically rids your computer of excess files such as cookies and temporary Internet files, freeing up disk space and avoiding privacy leaks.
- Expert Panel–Enables experienced users to create custom pc-wide or single program-based rules, controlling inbound and outbound access by IP address, port, time of day, and other variables.
- Outbound MailSafe–Prevents viruses from e-mailing themselves automatically to everyone in your address book.
- Automatic VPN Configuration–Simplifies configuration for VPN use by automatically configuring Zone and port permissions.
- Backup and Restore–Enables you to save a particular configuration of security rules as a separate file, then restore that configuration later.
|Version number||4.0.207 beta|
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|