Wine’s usual biweekly development build was released on Friday. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. This makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X, among others. Wine is contributed by a large group of developers, which is why it was decided to release a new build every two weeks, instead of waiting for a number of new features to be ready. The database with applications running under Wine, with or without some minor tweaks, contains 14,076 titles at the time of writing, 99 more than at the time of version 1.1.41. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- Support for shared 32/64-bit setups.
- Dwarf debug info support for better backtraces.
- More standard actions supported in MSI.
- Support for TIFF image format in WinCodecs.
- A number of Direct3D improvements.
- Shell fixes for better Internet Explorer support.
Bugs fixed in 1.1.42:
- Microsoft Money 2001 can’t open saved files
- Asheron’s Call: ACLauncher.exe crashes on load
- Valve Hammer Editor unusable: window mostly black
- Dawn of War Installer doesn’t ask for CD key
- Anarchy Online “Unable to save settings”.
- Lord of the Rings Online fails to connect to the Internet if WINE 1.1.14 is built with -O3
- Anarchy Online: Fog bug introduced between v. 1.1.11 and 1.1.13
- Resource leaks
- Game: Infantry (Free) 64Bit Issue
- Jedi Outcast: multiplayer results in crash
- Crash of wine when using clipboard
- Rise of Legends Demo fails to install
- Unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXCreateEffect
- Imperium Romanum: near trees are not visible
- ListView ‘Range Check Error’ in ImgBurn v18.104.22.168’s Disc Layout Editor window.
- Google Picasa installer hangs on startup
- BizAgi Process Modeler under Mono 2.4 requires implemented GdipGetNearestColor
- Atlantica Online: crashes when closing, sometimes at login
- Brain Challenge setup fails with message “Your hardware does not meet the requirements for this game.”
- ZEMAX lens data editor window is not treated as a popup of the main window
- Sins of a Solar Empire crash on exit
- Microsoft word 2007 can’t save file to pdf
- Civilization 4 shows a myriad of errors of unnecessary wined3d check.
- Application doesn’t display video, missing conversion function from WINED3DFMT_YUY2
- Album player can’t write to its database
- texture errors in Shaiya make it unplayable
- Dragon Unpacker: crash on startup
- Final 2010: crash after entering and editing ~20 notes
- Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 demo: keyboard doesn’t work correctly
- Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not run
- Atlantica crashes on launch
- installshield installers terminate
- GOTO labels are not recognized if there are preceding spaces
- TrackMania Nations Forever serious graphical glitches
- SystemFunction036 has wrong prototype
- cmd can’t execute start.exe with parameters
- CDBurnerXP: most large icons are missing
- wine fails to build, tools makedep not found
- Avira AntiVir Personal 8 installer crashes before completing setup
- start.exe crashes when trying to run MSPaint from Windows ME
- CDBurnerXP separator controls appear as a stretched red X
- Error in VGA video mode known mode list
- Unable to resize image size in PhotoScape editor
- AutoIt3 / Windows Scripting Host 5.6 : upgrade from 1.1.40 => 1.1.41 breaks dictionary functionality
- Paint.NET 3.5.4 installer disappears immediately (with Mono)
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|