Shotcut is a comprehensive open source and cross platform video editing program for Windows, Linux and macOS. It uses FFmpeg and therefore has support for the most common audio and video formats. The files are not imported, but are edited in their original format. It can handle different tracks and a mix of formats and resolutions can be used within a project. Version 21.12.24 of Shotcut has been released with the following changes and improvements:
Shotcut version 21.12.24
This version fixes a bug that was found in version 21.12.21 that affected the video blending between two non-opaque image/video sources. However, by the time this was found we had already merged some changes prepared for the next release. The extra changes were not deemed critical path, and we decided to release it all as one final gift for the year:
- Added video filter Audio Level Visualization.
- Added segmented bar type of display to the Audio Spectrum Visualization filter.
- Added snapping for markers – dragging clips or their edges snaps to markers and dragging markers snaps to clip edges or playhead.
- Changed Detach Audio to separate the audio and video filters.
- Fixed audio was muted after changing view layout or window size when playback speed is fast forward or rewind.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11|