Compared to Mozilla Firefox, support for older processors has been removed. Some cases have also been omitted, including Accessibility features and Parental controls . The result is a browser that would perform up to 25 percent better . More information about the program here can be found. Since version 25, Pale Moon has profiled itself more as a browser and no longer as an alternative Firefox version.
The download of Pale Moon is only in English. Since version 27, the layout engine Goanna has been used, a fork from Gecko developed by Moonchild Productions. The following changes and improvements have been made in this publication:
Changes / fixes:
- Fixed a number of spec compliance issues in our media subsystem.
- Added a trailing slash to referrers when policy is set to fix some web compatibility issues.
- Fixed the property order in Object.getOwnPropertyNames (string) and others for web compatibility
- Updated RegExp (RegExp object, flags) to the ES6 standard specification.
- Changed the embedded font from the no longer free EmojiOne to the open-licensed Twemoji (with additional fixes). This also extends unicode support to Unicode 10 emoji (s). Please note that as a result, […]
- people from the old sync server domain name to the current one more aggressive. We will be retiring the old pmsync.palemoon.net Sync server address shortly to remove the need to maintain a security certificate for it; this preference migration should automatically put everyone on the correct server address (pmsync.palemoon.org) when upgrading.
- Made reading of the session store synchronous, to speed up startup and prevent the homepage from being loaded when restoring a session.  Added a use to the correct window / tab when a web notification is clicked.
- Changed the placeholder text to not include “Search” when all search functions from the address bar are disabled.
- Enabled the use of Skia for canvas on Linux and OSX
- Worked around a potential cause for some non-standard bitmapped fonts ending up with incorrect line heights (I’m looking at you, Noto fonts!).
- Added a workaround for incorrectly -encoded JPEG-XR images with planar alpha. Ultimately, the jxrlib reference implementation should be fixed to encode
- Aligned XCTO: nosniff allowed script MIME types with the updated spec
- Improved the logic for failure vector images in the surface cache.
- Fixed character set handling for XML Http Requests.