Foxit Software has released version 12 of Foxit PDF Reader, an alternative to Adobe Reader. With this free program PDF documents can be viewed, filled in and signed. For editing PDF documents, Foxit software includes the paid Foxit PDF Editor (formerly PhantomPDF), similar to Acrobat Pro DC. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
New Features and Improvements
- Offer improved user interface for better usability with new fonts, distinct colors for icons and backgrounds, and more, and better software accessibility for users using keyboard controls and screen readers.
- Provide a handy and easy-to-use calculator for users like accountants and tax preparers to do calculations and add electronic calculator tapes to PDFs as annotations, the same way they did on paper. (Pro only)
- Improvements in page management
- Merge two PDFs by interleaving pages, a useful feature especially when you need to combine two PDFs (scanned from a double-side-printed document), one PDF with all odd pages and the other with all even pages.
- Insert web pages into a PDF.
- Customize PDF page size with the Resize Page feature.
- Enhancements in PDF reviewing or commenting
- Export selected comments as an FDF or XFDF file.
- Import and export all comments in XFDF format.
- Filter and sort comments by color.
- Edit and reply to comments from the Comments panel to help users quickly collaborate with reviewers.
- Enhancements in PDF portfolios
- Add PDFs to PDF portfolios directly from a scanner, web pages, and the Windows clipboard.
- Edit component files’ names and descriptions, as well as field values (the fields you manually added in portfolio properties) directly within a portfolio.
- Convert multimedia files in a PDF portfolio to PDF. (Pro only)
- Enhancements in watermarks
- Get the username from the currently logged-in user and use it in a watermark when creating watermarks.
- Tile watermarks in a PDF, ie create a tile effect of a watermark that spans the entire PDF page by tiling multiple lines of text/images.
- Add a Search box in the Preferences dialog box to enable you to find a preference option quickly.
- Edit image objects outside Foxit PDF Editor using another editing application like Microsoft Paint.
- Export multiple PDF pages to one long picture, and support more advanced settings when exporting PDF to images.
- Convert Excel comments to PDF note comments during PDF creation from Excel files.
- Provide more options for enhanced PDF optimization, and allow you to predefine and save custom optimization settings.
- Enhanced ECM Integration:
- Set a cloud storage solution (like iManage or NdOffice) as the preferred Save As location to quickly save documents to cloud storage.
- Provide “Save as New Version” and “Email as PDF” options in the right-click context menu of files in iManage DeskSite for streamlined document workflows.
- Enhance EUTL certificate verification by providing the qualified information of EUTL certificates (EU legal information).
- Create more than two linked cross references in one group of cross references.
- Revert a PDF file to the previously saved version.
- Enhance the 3D view to display cross-sections of 3D objects, and allow users to configure the cross-section properties and camera properties.
- Now supports viewing two documents side by side in the same window to review and compare documents conveniently.
- Provide more pre-designed templates for PDF creation.
- Split Foxit eSign and Ink Sign to two separate functions in the Ribbon, to better guide users for the required signing functions.
- Able to set DPI value when trying to OCR documents, to control the conversion quality.
- Option to embed fonts after document editing, to support embedding fonts in the document for further editing.
- More options for document conversion, from HTML/image/Excel to PDF.
- Support deployment of the software in Microsoft Intune environment.
- Allow users to update to latest version without admin rights via in-product update.
- Other enhancements to the user experience.
Issues Addressed in Foxit PDF Editor 22.214.171.12494
- Fixed some security and stability issues. click here for details.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11|