Asus has released new firmware for the RT-N66U. This router can provide clients with network access both wired and wireless. There are also two USB ports, so that a printer or external storage can be shared over the network. The new firmware has been given version number 126.96.36.199.374.720 and contains a lot of changes, so Asus recommends reverting to factory settings to avoid any problems. The update includes a completely new AiCloud, the router can be used as a repeater and more USB GSM modems are supported.
ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.374.720
Please note: This version add many new features, please press the reset button more than 5 seconds to reset the RT-N66U after firmware upgraded to prevent unexpected problem.
AiCloud 2.0 released
- All new web interface
- Support video subtitles (.srt format) For better video compatibility, windows user need to update VLC to v2.0.8 or later
- File/ folder can be shared to Facebook(router must have public IP)
- Supported mobile version web interface
- Supported router-to-router sync. Please refer to this video
- Fixed smart sync related issues.
- Repeater mode (in Administration –> Operation mode)
- Dual WAN (in WAN -> Dual WAN)
- Unmount all disks with 1-click
- Disk scan feature. It is in external USB disk status tab in network folder.
- Support Sandisk Cruzer flash drive with both CD-ROM and flash disk interface.
- Auto adjust time zone in internet setup wizard process.
- PPTP VPN server status GUI
- Recognized .rmvb files as video format in media server.
- Show more detail information in USB application install process.
- Upgraded to SDK6 driver to fix 5GHz connection issue.
- Fixed HK ISP DHCP connection issue.
- Fixed USB application update related issues.
- Reduced the redundant packets when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN and opened web browser.
- Fixed the traffic monitor related issues when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN,
- Fixed client duplicated issue in network map
- removed modem setting button in AP mode
- Fixed IP related parental control issue.
- Disabled the Broadcom ACSD service to prevent buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud vulnerability related bugs.
- Underline “_” can now be acceptable in device name and computer name.
- Hide Broadcast option in PPTP VPN server when it is disabled.
- Fixed multicast IPTV related issues in PPPoE/PPTP/L2TP connection.
- Fixed parental control offset issue in IE.
- Fixed 3G dongle related issue.
- Hide ASUS DDNS description when selecting 3rd party service.
- Fixed script error ‘invalid argument on IE’
- Fixed smart sync JS error
- Fixed JST timezone issue.
- Fixed PPP IPv6 global address retrieval
- added DHCP-PD option
- Added LAN DHCPv6 server
- Added network status GUI.
- Added option domain name if available
- Support Yota LTE dongle LU150
- Support ZTE LTE dongle MF821
- Support 3G dongle Q110
- Support Huawei EC306