The third beta release of WordPress version 4.2 has been released. With this program, which is made available under a GPL license, it is possible to set up and maintain a weblog. WordPress is easy to set up and can be up and running in under five minutes if a server with PHP and MySQL is already available. There are possibilities to further extend the functionality of WordPress, in addition to blogging, and improve the appearance with plugins and themes to adjust. The main changes made in beta 3 can be found below.
Some of the changes in Beta 3 include:
- Removed Shiny Installs functionality due to concerns about the activation workflow. Please test the remaining “Shiny Updates” functionality from both the Plugins > Add New and Plugins screens to ensure in-line updating still works as well as before.
- Fixed an issue with the Comments Quick Edit layout breaking on smaller screens. Please test on your mobile devices.
- Improved accessibility or login screen errors. Screen reader users: please let us know if you encounter any issues.
- Refined the emoji compatibility script to only load on the front- and back-end if the browser requires it. If you’re using a legacy web browser, please test.
- Fixed several issues in Press This with inserted images being improperly linked to locations other than the source site. Go ahead, “press” a site with images on the page and tell us if the image links aren’t working as you’d expect.
- Standardized the time display format in a variety of admin screens, switching to 24-hour notation where am or pm are not specified. Please let us know if you notice you notice anything amiss!
- Various other bug fixes. we’ve made more than 65 changes at the last week.
|Version number||4.2 beta 3|
|Operating systems||script language|