A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 5.17. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 27,417 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- ADVAPI32 library converted to PE.
- Beginnings of an NDIS network driver.
- Still more restructuring of the console support.
Bugs fixed in 5.17 (total 17):
- 22616: Multiple applications need [email protected]@[email protected]@Z (Merriam-Webster Dictionary, Power Tab Editor, gmax 1.2, GradeBook for Windows, Microsoft Reader)
- 24182: Multiple games need IDirectDrawMediaStream::Get/SetFormat implementation (Need for Russia, Motocross Madness 2, The Sims Complete Collection)
- 30014: Multiple programs require [email protected]@[email protected] (Wouxun KG-UV2D, Charon, Cricket 2002, Mastercook 15, GraphCalc)
- 35782: Tic Tac Toe Game (vbscript) cannot be played (colon used in for loop for placing multiple statements on the same line)
- 41005: Deadlight: Director’s Cut (UE3, 64-bit) loads to a black screen
- 43999: GetVersion incorrectly fails to lie about the OS version when masquerading as Windows 8.1 or 10
- 45642: Chrome/Chromium sandbox needs x86-64 syscall thunks to match Windows
- 46278: Cisco Jabber 12.5 sends only first letter due to missing richedit:ITextRange functions
- 47048: Logitech webcam does not show picture, only grey
- 47642: Support conversion from GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_RGB to DirectShow-supported formats (needed by Risk II + native amstream)
- 48130: Launching World of Tanks from the shortcut doesn’t work
- 48407: OllyDbg 2.x segfaults the process after attaching to it
- 49125: Logos Bible Software Indexing fails 64bit only 32bit works
- 49242: provide some way to get reported windows version via command line
- 49749: Visual Studio 2019 installer crashes after unpacking content
- 49762: Emulated virtual desktop ignores size set in winecfg
- 49805: Pyxel Edit crashes when clicking the “File” dropdown option.
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|