A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 1.7.32. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. The software makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris.
A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year.
The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains exactly 21,869 titles at the time of writing. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release.
What’s new in this release:
- New version of the Mono engine.
- A few more functions implemented in MSHTML.
- Improved support for restoring display mode.
- Font metrics improvements in DirectWrite.
Bugs fixed in 1.7.32 (total 46):
- 9043: Adobe InDesign CS tryout hangs on startup
- 10081: City of Heroes does not run if asked to use a dual core processor
- 10348: Every Extend music does not play (quartz MP3)
- 11582: Macromedia Flash 5 Trial hangs when you click “Try” (ShowWindow operations should avoid potentially blocking inter-thread SendMessage if show command is no-op)
- 11745: Adobe InDesign CS trial black where icons should be
- 13968: 3D graphics in Chessmaster 11 are positioned incorrectly
- 14449: “North American Birds” fails to launch (Unimplemented function ole2disp.dll.VARIANTCHANGETYPE)
- 14666: [wined3d] volume/volumetex locking implementation
- 17922: LiveZilla 3.x/4.x (.NET 2.0 app) aborts due to unimplemented HTMLDocument_execCommand
- 18148: Demise: dialog box won’t react to click
- 18894: Dungeon Keeper 2 game (animation) speed is too fast
- 20520: SolidWorks 2007 crashes after splash screen
- 21222: Mall Tycoon 2 Deluxe: Page fault on write access
- 23236: WWIIOnline: joystick not responding
- 23375: Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole sets gamma to 0 and never restores it
- 23380: WoW trial fails to install, saying it doesn’t have write access to Program Files
- 25058: NFS Porsche: Crash at location setup
- 27282: TDRABCSetup.exe hang on start up (FindWindowExW uses WM_GETTEXT to query for process’ local window title text, leading to potential deadlock)
- 27945: GdipDrawString LineAlignment does not work .
- 28335: IE7 crashes when an active X control is called
- 28479: Multiple applications crash on unimplemented function USER32.dll.SetGestureConfig (Solitaire from Windows 7, Illustrator CC)
- 29429: The Master Genealogist 8.xx: Can’t install because Installer buttons don’t work.
- 32254: Futuremark 3DMark Vantage v1.1.0 crashes on start up
- 32293: Opera: wine uses builtin save file dialog, fails to save file
- 32568: Visual Studio 2010 fails on startup, .NET Framework 4.0 WPF message dispatcher unexpectedly receives messages (CoWaitForMultipleHandles, COWAIT_FLAGS, message pump)
- 33691: Directory Opus 10 locks up and crashes
- 34064: Adobe CS4 installer fails (COM class factory for CLSID_NetFwOpenPort needed)
- 34170: Cabri II Plus 1.4 fails on startup
- 34386: Microsoft Visual Studio Test Agent 2010 Configuration Tool crash when apply settings is performed
- 34950: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Applications installer crashes
- 35670: iTunes 10.2.2 ‘DifXInstall32’ sub-installer crashes on unimplemented function DIFXAPI.dll.SetDifxLogCallbackW
- 35804: Open file window makes Photoshop CC crash
- 35987: Adobe Photoshop CC file open dialog crashes the program
- 36241: valgrind shows a leak in comdlg32/tests/printdlg.c
- 36863: Mass Effect 3 [Origin] crash on startup (broken EA Origins in-game overlay/hook engine ‘igo32.dll’ needs ‘opengl32.dll’ prelinked
- 37140: Photoshop CC 2014 Open and Save dialog missing features
- 37231: Set iframe’s src failed.
- 37262: “We got a big error here” in Diablo 2 d2loader and wine >= 1.7.25
- 37512: Unreal Engine 4 Elemental benchmark demo crashes on startup (‘K32GetPerformanceInfo’ must not pass ‘PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION’ directly to ‘NtQuerySystemInformation’)
- 37534: configure gives incorrect warning when Xrender can’t be found due to missing libXext
- 37546: mshtml: Possible null pointer dereference: post_data (Cppcheck)
- 37563: Skype 6.x crashes trying to make an audio call (DestroyIRichEditOle must take reference count into account)
- 37588: Visual Studio 2010 installer requires prefix restart in ‘Windows Vista’ mode (MSI component version 4.5.6001.22308 upgrade)
- 37599: AlphaShadow v1.2 – AlphaVSS Volume Shadow Copy Library Sample Client (.NET 4.0 app) needs VSSAPI.DLL
- 37622: Mixxx 1.11.0 installer fails (msiexec does not support /update option)
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|