A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 1.7.3. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. The software makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris, among others. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks, instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without minor adjustments, contains 20,509 titles at the time of writing. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release.
What’s new in this release:
- New version of the Gecko engine based on Firefox 24.
- Preparation work for the Direct3D command stream.
- Window management fixes in the Mac driver.
- Support for IPHLPAPI functions on Android.
Bugs fixed in 1.7.3 (total 48):
- WSAStartup not needed before socket() call
- Some buttons are hidden by a strange colored band
- FFFTP: shows only the first line of the Japanese legend.
- League of Legends news missing in main window
- Resident Evil 5 benchmark: crashes in full screen
- League of Legends standalone client crashes on clicking ‘Play’
- ProteoWizard 2.x ‘msconvert’ tool fails/hangs sometimes during processing of mass spec data files in RAW format
- gmax crashes in ole32.RegisterDragDrop when you click on Materials Navigator icon on toolbar
- Falcon 4.0 Allied Force and FreeFalcon 5.0 do not detect hardware rendering devices
- Suddenly no sound, loose of sound in games
- Adobe AIR : Pandora One : Can’t move window
- Wildlife Park 3 Demo crashes on start
- League of Legends store crashes with an assertion
- ImmGetDescriptionW() from imm32 crashes with certain parameters
- World of Warcraft (WoW) Launcher.exe does not run
- Unity Editor is unable to move project files
- builtin iexplore can not load gmail, complaining requires ActiveX controls to be enabled
- MeGUI 2112 crashes after first update / restart (application XML settings can’t be fully deserialized due to oleaut32 VarDecRound being a semi-stub)
- League of Legends crashes after Champion Select
- World of Warcraft : Unhandled exception: page fault on execute access to 0x84654ac8 in 32-bit code (0x84654ac8).
- Can’t create winsock on Proteus ISIS for remote controll through mplabX
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Launcher display incorrectly, can’t launch game
- League of Legends minimap corrupted
- Mouse cursor behaves as if it is drunk
- Cutscenes (videos) in Jade Empire are black and white (grayscale)
- RebelBetting + dotnet35sp1 crashes
- RebelBetting will not talk to proxy
- Crysis Wreckage (Wars mod?) doesn’t start without MS-vcrun2005
- Silverlight accelerated graphics cause a D3D critical section lockup
- .NET 3.x/4.x WPF based installers/apps require windowscodecs.dll ComponentFactory_CreateBitmapFromHBITMAP implementation
- The Testament of Sherlock Holmes dark player model, textures disappearing and appear
- Everquest character models invisible
- regression: Finale NotePad 2012 installer splash screen appears as black box
- NCsoft’s Aion (MMORPG) fails to load “CrySystem.dll” (WinLicense software protection, avoid forwarding some msvcrt API to ntdll)
- thai2english loads ok but crashes on startup
- NCsoft’s Aion (MMORPG) fails to load “CrySystem.dll” (WinLicense software protection, avoid forwarding some msvcp80 API to msvcp90)
- winhttp POST fails
- an odd regression on an old video card
- make: *** [dlls/msxml3] Error 2
- Kega Fusion 3.64 – Slow directx performance
- RTX server crashes at start
- RTX Server needs unimplemented [email protected][email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@Z
- RTX Server fail to import user template database with builtin msvcp60
- qq 2012 installer crashes at 100%
- Game crash because of improperly cloning MMIOINFO struct in MMIO_Open
- EasiSlides v4 crashes when clicking a folder listbox item (GdipFillPath failure)
- strtoul behaves incorrectly with negative numbers.
- LINE (Powered by Naver) 220.127.116.11: Cannot work after Installation
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|