Golden Bow Systems provided its defragmentation software Vopt with an update to version 9.20 on Thursday. However, the program, which only runs under Windows 2000 or higher, can do more than just defragment. For example, it can also synchronize the system clock with an atomic clock on the Internet, check the hard disk for errors and get rid of unnecessary files. In addition, it can also really empty the free space on the hard drive. Below you will find everything that has changed in the program since version 9.12:
Changes from 9.12 to 9.20:
- Typical defrag finish 10-40% faster.
- Improved handling for NTFS sparse files.
- Startup files packed together during defrag.
- Hiberfile preserved during defrag if not fragmented.
- Legend items are active buttons following an analysis.
- Usage menu removed (see legend button functions above).
- “Quick defrag” and “Defrag (tighter packing)” added to Defrag menu.
- Added “Memory dumps” to Status menu and Cleanup dialog.
- Cleanup menu removed (functions moved elsewhere).
- Cosmetic changes and minor corrections.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|
|Website||Golden Bow Systems|