After a long series of beta releases and release candidates, last Friday release 1.00 of UltraVNC was finally released. This program allows a connection to another computer within a network or over the internet, and this computer can be controlled as if you were sitting behind it. UltraVNC is a branch of RealVNC that adds additional functionality such as chat and file transfer. The changelog is too long to display here, but those interested can here justly. These are the main new features from the 1.00 release:
- UltraVNC sports a number of advanced features making it unique among the various flavors of VNC. A special graphics mirror driver for ultrafast remote controlling, integration of Windows authentication and various encryption plugins provide superior functionality.
- Optional mirror driver for high speed and low CPU (W2000/XP/2003), Ddi hooking (Win 9.x).
- There are different authentication methods available in UltraVNC: Classic VNC password protection and two methods based on Microsoft Windows Logon.
- The optional Data Stream Encryption Plugin can be used to encrypt all data sent between UltraVNC server and viewer.
Chat, File Transfer & JavaViewer
- UltraVNC boasts a chat window, a dialog for file transfer and an embedded java viewer which allows you to open a UltraVNC session in a browser.
[break] Click for a larger version.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003|