Version 15.11 of TeamViewer was released last week and an update has since been released. This program allows remote management of other computers via a secure VPN connection. That connection runs through TeamViewer’s servers, so no settings on the router need to be adjusted to make it all work. TeamViewer is free for non-commercial use and is being developed for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS and Android. The changelog for both versions looks like this:
- It is now possible to enable the flashlight and zoom in with the camera, on your remote partner’s device during an Augmented Reality session. Simply click on the flashlight or zoom button in the session toolbar on the desktop screen to activate.
- SMS Invitations are now possible with Tensor license.
- Increased the RSA key length from 2048 to 4096 bits. The RSA key is used to encrypt TeamViewer connections and partner list details. Increasing the key length results in much stronger security.
- Fixed a bug for copy & paste which sometimes led to a notification that could not be closed (eg when copying an attachment from the mailing app).
- Scheduled meetings now have a random password set by default, a Click-and-Join link is automatically generated for participants
- Removed dial-in support for non licensed users
- Fixed a bug that caused delay for the application to come online
- Fixed a bug that caused the user own video to display as green image / the app to crash if certain cameras were used
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from leaving a meeting upon pressing the leave meeting button
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Linux, BSD, macOS, iOS, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019|