Version 5.1.0 of SciTE has been released. Scintilla Text Editor is an open source and cross platform text editor. It uses the open source Scintilla Text Editor library, which is from the same creators. This library is also used by other programs, including Notepad++. Downloads are available for Windows and Linux, and a commercial version for macOS can be found in Apple’s app store. In addition, there is a standalone executable that can be conveniently carried on a USB stick. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- This is a stable release. Interfaces with lexers and between platform-independent code and platform layers should remain compatible through 5.x releases.
- Add SciFnDirectStatus, a direct access function which also returns status. It can be retrieved with SCI_GETDIRECTSTATUSFUNCTION. This can avoid calling SCI_GETSTATUS after every API to determine failure so can improve performance.
- Add more type-safe wrappers to the API. These are defined in include/ScintillaCall.h and implemented in call/ScintillaCall.cxx. ScintillaCall throws Scintilla::Failure exceptions when a call fails.
- Add APIs for setting appearance (traditional blob or plain text) and color of representations and support setting a representation for the “rn” line end sequence.
- Add SCI_REPLACERECTANGULAR to insert text like a rectangular paste.
- Fixed bug with SCI_GETLASTCHILD. Bug #2260.
- Fixed gcc link time optimization (LTO) compilation. Bug #2259.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|