ConeXware has released version 14.02.05 of PowerArchiver. This archiver can handle common archive types, such as zip, 7z, cab, lha tar, gzip, bzip2, rar, arj, arc and ace. In addition, it can read CD and DVD images such as iso, bin, img and nrg. PowerArchiver is available in a standard, a professional and a toolbox edition, with prices ranging from 20 to 45 euros.
The standard version gives you a comprehensive archiving program. Professional adds, among other things, a backup function, an Outlook plug-in and the ability to create ISO files. Finally, the Toolbox edition comes with a one-year license for BitDefender Internet Security, can burn optical discs, can create virtual disk drives, and is an sftp client. New in version 2013 include support for encryption via OpenPGP and the new RAR 5.0 format. In addition, there is integration with Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure cloud storage services, and zip file editing has been optimized to use less power on laptops. This update also includes the following improvements:
Changes in version 14.02.05
- Fixes issue with ZIP AES encryption, setting was not applied properly in version 14.02.03
- Removed old ZIP password option from options
- Improved 125 dpi text readability
- Improved Enterprise options for forcing 256 AES encryption throughout application
- Changed interface to better accommodate various options.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8|