The compression format 7z is increasingly used for compressing files. The p7zip program is specially written for various Unix, BSD and Linux platforms and offers full support for the 7z format. The developer has released a new version with 4.30 as the version number to coincide with the 7-Zip program on the Windows platform. The list of adjustments looks like this:
- From Windows version of 7-zip 4.30:
- Speed optimizations in LZMA maximum/ultra compressing.
- LZMA now supports word size up to 273
- 7-Zip now reduces dictionary size for LZMA, if you compress files smaller than specified dictionary size.
- Some bugs were fixed
- fix minor build trouble with macOS X
- fix “Bugs item #1349229” : 7-zip now displays “e: Extract files from archive (without using directory names)”
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris, UNIX|
|License type||Prerequisites (GNU/BSD/etc.)|