Version 1.8.0 of ownCloud Client has become available. OwnCloud is an open source project that makes it possible to run cloud storage in-house. It’s easy to set up as all you need is a server running PHP and MySQL. In addition to storing and sharing files, it is also possible to stream music, for example, or to keep a calendar and address book. Clients are available for Windows, Linux, OS X (from 10.7), Android and iOS. The changelog of version 1.8.0 can be found below.
- Mac OS: HIDPI support
- Support Sharing from desktop: Added a share dialog that can be opened by context menu in the file managers (Win, Mac, Nautilus). It supports public links with password enforcement
- Enhanced usage of parallel HTTP requests for ownCloud 8 servers
- Renamed github repository from mirall to client.
- Mac OS: Use native notification support
- Selective Sync: allow to enforce selective sync in brandings.
- Added ability to build on Windows utilizing MingGW
- SQLite database fixes if running on FAT filesystems
- Improved detection of changing files to upload from local
- Preparations for the multi-account feature
- Fixed experience for Window manager without system tray
- Build with Qt 5.4
- Dropped libneon dependency if Qt 5.4 is available
- Keep files open very short, that avoid lock problems on Windows especially with office software but also others.
- Merged some NetBSD patches
- Selective sync support for owncloudcmd
- Reorganize the source repository
- Prepared instant download
- Added Crash Reporter feature to be switched on on demand
- A huge amount of bug fixes in all areas of the client.
- almost 700 commits since 1.7.1
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8|