NewsMan Pro version 18.104.22.168 has just been released. With this program news items can be read on usenet and files can be downloaded. Some of the most notable features include support for multiple news servers, up to six simultaneous download connections, and the ability to set data limits by day, week, or month. The program is also free to use, but then there are some restrictions. For example, the used bandwidth cannot be adjusted, there are only two connections at most and the global header and body search do not work. The changelog for this release shows the following changes:
New in this release:
- Fixed a bug that caused NMP to misinterpret some yEnc encoded posts made with Unison (Mac).
- Removed internal error trapping for MS-SQL transactions. Any errors when using MS-SQL will now be handled by the global error handler.
- Fixed a bug when setting the default posting server in the message composition window.
- X-No-Archive setting will now be saved with each profile.
- Changed the attachment processing queue order to process attachments first in, first out.
- Fixed a bug in the “Show Columns” options of the message list that incorrectly affected the wrong columns.
- Fixed a bug that prevented imported messages that were moved to a subfolder from being reloaded.
- Added the ability to save selected messages to an mbox-formatted file.
- Added a trap for invalid search expressions when performing a Global Search using MySQL’s Regex option.
- Fixed a bug that caused adding an NZB file’s messages to the Queue to fail when automatically importing an NZB file with an MS-SQL database and the NZB file contained a Message-ID multiple times.
- Changed scheduler to cycle every 5 minutes rather than every 15.
- Added an upper cap to the number of new missing headers that are tracked for a newsgroup in a single session. If more than 20,000 headers are found missing, missing header tracking will be temporarily disabled for the current newsgroup as it is likely an indication of a server malfunction.
- Added server-specific settings for connection retries and session reset countdown timer.
- Added support for SQL Native Client provider for MS-SQL 2005 connections.
- Added “Quick Queue” (Shortcut Shift-Q) that has several destination path options such as:
- Save to \\
- Save to \\\
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP|