Version 7.8.0 of MKVToolNix has been released. This collection of open source programs allows viewing, editing, and conversion of Matroska files. For example, sound tracks and subtitles can be added, removed or set as default. They are separate command line tools, but a graphical user interface is included. Versions are available for download for Windows, many Linux distributions, and OS X. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- build system: Boost’s »Math« library is now required.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: HEVC tracks which did not have an aspect ratio present in their sequence parameter set were copied incorrectly; the resulting sequence parameter set was invalid. Fixes #1081†
- mkvextract: bug fix: When extracting HEVC tracks mkvextract will use the same start code lengths that x265 uses (four bytes 0x00000001 for the first and video/picture/sequence parameter set NALs and three bytes 0x000001 for all others).
- mkvmerge: enhancement: File type identification will output a more detailed description of the DTS type for DTS audio tracks (DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express or just plain DTS). implementations #1109†
- mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented support for DTS Express.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The number of channels in DTS tracks with more than six channels is now recognized correctly by parsing the DTS HD extensions, too. Fixes #1139†
- all: new feature: added a Swedish translation of the programs by Kristoffer Grundström
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed handling of the BITIMAPINFOHEADER extra data size handling during merging and extraction for codecs like HuffYUV.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: When appending unframed HEVC/h.265 tracks and setting the default duration the second and all following source parts will use the same default duration as set for the first part. Fixes #1147†
- mkvmerge: bug fix: enabled the use of tags in WebM files. Tagging elements not supported by the WebM specs are removed. Fixes #1143†
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed detection of audio tracks in QuickTime files whose FourCC code is unknown to mkvmerge.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed detection of video tracks in QuickTime files whose FourCC code is unknown to mkvmerge.
- mkvextract: bug fix: Fixed VobSub file naming when mkvextract is built against Boost::Filesystem older than 1.50.0. Fixes #1140†
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed detection of Cinepak video tracks in QuickTime files.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed detection of PCM audio tracks in QuickTime files using the »raw « FourCC.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed detection of tracks in Flash Video files for which the headers do not signal a track.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed a segfault in the Flash Video file format reader.
- mmg: The change making the window wider by default has been reverted.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed file type detection for MP3 files with big ID3 tags at the start of the file (eg if they contain cover images).
- mkvinfo (Qt interface): enhancement: implemented support for opening files via drag & drop.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: added an option (–engage no_delay_for_garbage_in_avi) for disabling deriving a delay from garbage in audio tracks in AVI files. Requested in #1137†
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The formula used for calculating the audio delay for garbage data at the start of tracks in AVI files has been fixed. Fixes #1137†
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, Windows XP, macOS, Solaris, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10|
13.86MB – 16.28MB