Realix has released a new beta release of HWiNFO32 with version number 2.40 build 277. This program provides a clear overview of the hardware in a Windows PC. Also, the processor, memory and hard disk can be subjected to some simple performance tests. In addition, the values of the various sensors on the motherboard, the video card and the hard disk can be read. The program creates status reports that can be generated in text, csv or xml format. Since version 2.20, the program is released as freeware. In this release we find, among other things, monitoring for Apple computers and support for Windows 7 has been improved. The full changelog looks like this:
Changes in pre-release v2.40, Build 277:
- Added support or monitoring of Apple computers.
- Fixed measuring of CPU clock for Cores1-3 on overclocked AMD K10 CPUs.
- Added nVidia N10P-LP (GT216) and GeForce G210M (GT218).
- Improved reporting of AMD K10/K11 platform and codenames, added new models.
- Improved Windows 7 support. No workaround needed anymore.
- Improved detection of Tj,max for Penryn CPUs.
- Fixed support or Intel XMP.
- Completely rewritten System Summary page. Integrated with ClockMon to display all important info on one page.
- Improved recognition of nVidia ION.
- Fixed GPU information display on System Summary.
- Improved reporting of Computer Brand Name and Motherboard Model.
- Several other minor updates and bug fixes.
HWiNFO32 2.30 screenshot; Click on the image for a larger version.
|Version number||2.40 build 277 beta|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|