FastStone Soft has released the second beta release of version 4.1 of its popular Image Viewer program. FastStone Image Viewer is free, small and fast, and packed with thoughtful functionality for viewing and editing images, such as rotating (lossless for jpeg), cropping, resizing, removing the red eye effect, rotating the photo at any angle to correct camera ‘skew’ and adjust colors, contrast and brightness. Since version 3.8, the user interface is multilingual, eliminating the need for a separate download per language. Compared to the first beta, an option to autocrop while rotating has been added, these are all the changes since version 4.0:
- Improved the loading speed of JPEG images and embedded preview of RAW images. The improvement is noticeable for big images. The Smooth option is turned on by default for better image rendering.
- Added an option to the Settings (press F12) to specify the location (top or bottom) for displaying filename information in full screen.
- Added “Auto Crop” to Rotate window
- Enhanced Contact Sheet Builder.
- Other minor improvements.
|Version number||4.1 beta 2|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|