The DVD Decrypter program has been out of development for a while. Today we present an alternative to you. Fengtao Software, perhaps known to the regular visitors of the muck tracker of DVD Region+CSS Free and DVDIdle Pro, among others, has DVDFab Decrypter in its range. With this program, DVD movies can be ripped to the hard disk, while at the same time removing the protection. The program is basically a slimmed down version of DVD Fab Express, which can make a copy of a DVD, in its entirety or just the main movie itself. Version 22.214.171.124 of DVDFab Decrypter has just been released and since this is the first time this program has been featured here, here’s a slightly longer changelog than usual:
Changes in 126.96.36.199:
- Change: Added support for a new protection as found on “Madagascar” (US). It’s not a Sony movie, but the protection is almost same with Sony ARccOS.
Changes in 188.8.131.52:
- Change: Correct VOBU when removing “Sony ARccOS protection”. This fixes DVD Shrink error “Invalid data in file …\VTS_02_4.VOB” when opening files of “Lords of Dogtown” (US) (Theatre Version).
- Change: Only remove UOPs in IFO files, don’t touch UOPs in VOB files. This fixes playback problem on some standalone DVD player.
Changes in 184.108.40.206:
- Change: Improved “Sony ARccOS protection” detection and removal engine.
- New: Added support for a new ARccOS protection as found on “Lords of Dogtown” (US).
Changes in 220.127.116.11:
- Change: Improved recovery ability from IFO reading error.
- Fix: A crash problem when correcting IFO files (end of copying) in certain cases.
Changes in 18.104.22.168:
- Fix: A crash problem when getting DVD information, for some wrong mastered discs.
Changes in 22.214.171.124:
- Fix: A crash problem when getting DVD information in certain cases.
- New: Open email to send the bug report when crashing.
- Change: Update language files.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|