Version 8.7.9 of Drupal has been released. Drupal is a user-friendly and powerful content management platform written in PHP, which can be used to create websites, for example. It’s simple enough for a novice user, but powerful enough to build a more complex website as well. The program includes a content management platform and a development framework. Version 8.6 includes oEmbed, a new way to add media, and there is a demo that shows what Drupal is capable of. The release notes for this release look like this:
This is the final normal bug fix release of 8.7.x. Further bug fixes will be available in 8.8.0, which will be released on December 4, 2019. Drupal 8.7.x will receive security coverage until June 3rd, 2020 when Drupal 8.9.x is released.
Core versioning support in * .info.yml files since 8.7.7
Drupal 8.7.7 introduces a new core_version_requirement key to * .info.yml files, allowing contributed modules to specify specific versions for Drupal core compatiblity, as well as to indicate that they are compatible with both Drupal 8 and the forthcoming Drupal 9 release. See the change record for more details.
Internal change to entity and field definition update events
It is now possible to install a new field storage definition during a fieldable entity type update. Event subscribers for entity type and field definition update events will now be passed the updated definitions rather than the outdated ones. Code relying on this buggy behavior may need adjustment.
All changes since 8.7.8
- # 3066954 by andrewmacpherson, Wim Leers, bnjmnm, OBKev: Admin toolbar not usable with latest versions of JAWS due to mis-use of aria-owns
- # 3088163 by amjad1233, larowlan, xjm: Drupal Core Menu Form MenuLinkDefaultForm :: $ moduleData is unused
- # 2981889 by Nebel54, acbramley, timodwhit, bkosborne, fago, josephdpurcell, tim.plunkett, eiriksm, Sam152, grantkruger, shell, Gnikolovsky: Performance Degradation in Layout Builder and other places likely
- # 3083444 by alisonjo315: Duplicate “attributes” in docblock
- Revert “Issue # 3082719 by quietone, mikelutz, NickWilde, Charlie ChX Negyesi: migrate_drupal_migration_plugins_alter () should only alter definitions that exist “
- # 3082719 by quietone, mikelutz, NickWilde, Charlie ChX Negyesi: migrate_drupal_migration_plugins_alter () should only alter definitions that exist
- # 2925816 by godotislate, jens.the.goat, Berdir, Lendude, Anybody, mbovan, rollingnet, tstoeckler: Views plugin “Rendered Entity” must add langcode in render function
- # 3056816 by amateescu, larowlan, hchonov, plach, jibran, Berdir, catch, Sam152: Installing a new field storage definition during a fieldable entity type update is not possible
|Operating systems||Script language|