Damn Small Linux is a bootable Linux live CD based on Knoppix and Debian. The operating system comes with a media player, word processor, web server software, internet applications and several other programs. The developer has released version 2.0 with the following changes:
- new kernel 2.4.31 and modules
- new 64 clops
- new prism2 support
- updated ndiswrapper support
- new autodetected LT win modems
- new naim patched for TOC2 – dropped bsflite
- new PCMCIA card control GUI
- new floppy tools GUI.
- updated Firefox and with mine types for mailto and irc, bookmarks
- updated pcmcia-cs to v3.2.5
- fixed usb hot plug
- new toram combined with /optional dir w/ prompts if needed.
- reroot cloop management up to 64 cloops
- updated iwconfig to show IP upon connection.
- updated prism2 to show IP upon connection
- updated ndiswrapper to IP upon connection
- updated DSLpanel added System Stats, Date Time, and others..
- updated right-click icons for super user on Emelfm, Xterm, and Beaver
- fixed xtdeskrc for ShadowColor
- updated Date/Time display in fluxbox/init
- updated wallpaper lua
- updated dsl-restore & filetool.sh for named pipes and valid devices
- added hack for extending ramdisk to use swap
- Added more base time zones
- Enhanced LT modem detection.
- Corrected myDSL menu with persistent home usage
- Updated kernel with SATA module support.
- Enhanced Siag external load to use wget
- Enhanced German keyboard support
- Added a minimal version of Joe’s Window Manager (see F3 at boot)
- Enhanced Firefox for more mime types and better java support.
- Added GtkFind utility.
- Updated jwm for right-click on root window menu.
- Updated xtdesk for single or double click icons
- New Appointment Calendar program
- New System Stats program
- Added Xzoom
- Updated Dillo
- Updated Xtdesk – single click icons!
- Added bsflite for AIM & ICQ
- Added grub to base system
- Added frugal_grub and pendrive installs to base system.
- Enhanced frugal installs to install from pendrives
- Enhanced frugal installs Web option to use .dslrc (mirrors)
- Enhanced hard drive install for choice of grub or lilo
- Enhanced web data with “passive”
- Updated Set Date/Time to start with system time.
- Moved dock apps to .xinitrc for better user choice.
- Fixed multiple wmnets on repeated dial ups.
- Improved shell environment – /etc/profile sourced only upon login
- Added home/dsl/mnt to default .xfiletool.lst
- Updated new theme and xmms skin.
- Updated Getting Started – frugal & hard drive installs
- Updated Install boot option menu
|Website||Damn Small Linux|
|License type||Prerequisites (GNU/BSD/etc.)|