TechSmith has version 23.1.1 of Camtasia for Windows and macOS released. This program makes it easy to create videos for training and presentations. Consider, for example, a video about the operation of a certain application that is explained with a voice-over, or a PowerPoint presentation combined with a recording of a lecture. For more information please refer to this page, where the possibilities are listed. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Added ability to filter typefaces by typing into the font menu.
- Added support for opening Mac projects that were zipped instead of being Exported for Windows.
- Improved hover preview performance for h.264 videos.
- Project playback will now pause when starting a media preview from the Media Bin or Library.
- Updated libexpat to v2.5.0.
- Updated Microsoft.Rest.ClientRuntime to v2.3.24.
- Updated Lua to v5.4.6.
- Removed outdated D3DX9_42.dll.
- Removed outdated Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable files from installation.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Speech to Text to stop before transcribing an entire media.
- Fixed a bug that could cause auto-normalization settings for media to be out of sync with Project settings.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a user to be prompted for a license key when one had already been entered.
- Fixed a bug that caused images to be saved in PNG format when saved as a JPG.
- Fixed a bug that could cause flickering in some MP4 source files.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when online activation fails.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing from Google Drive after a reinstallation.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when closing the application while loudness calculations were taking place.
|macOS, Windows 10, Windows 11