Version 5.19 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. With Caliber, books can also be purchased from well-known web stores. In version 5.0, among other things, the switch to Python 3 has been made, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- E-book viewer: Add a preference under Scrolling behavior to reverse the tap zones used to turn pages. So tapping on the left goes forward and the right backward
- E-book viewer: Fix regression in 5.15 that caused incorrect display of font sizes that contain a period and use absolute units. Closes tickets: 1929862.
- PDF Output: Fix font kerning issues with some TrueType fonts. Closes tickets: 1929240.
- Edit book: Fix a regression in 5.18 that broke editing/creating saved searches. Close tickets: 1929267.
- Windows: Fix for standalone ToC Editor not working on systems where Qt WebEngine causes a crash at exit. Close tickets: 1919025.
- Windows MTP driver: When scanning an MTP device such as an Android phone ignore folders that Windows fails to enumerate instead of failing with an error.
- ToC Editor: Fix a regression that broke choosing split points in some XHTML files.
- PDB Input: Fix a regression in caliber 5 that broke processing some plucker format PDB files. Closes tickets: 1929465.
- Edit book: Fix sorting in spell check dialog on language broken for books that have unknown languages.
- Annotations browser: Fix a typo that broke sorting for highlights.
- Annotations browser: When showing a highlight preserve paragraph boundaries for multi-paragraph highlights. Closes tickets: 1909730.
- Viewer highlights panel: Fix the “Edit notes” link not saving the changes
- E-book viewer: When using a right click / shift-click to adjust the selection, move the section boundary that is closer to the click point. Closes tickets: 1929164.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|