Ability Mail Server is a mail server that uses 128-bit SSL encryption and supports various protocols such as SMTP, POP3, IMAP4 and LDAP. A spam filter, a virus scanner and the possibility to manage the mail server remotely are also present. The developers of Code-Crafters recently released version 2.52 with the following changes:
- Added: ‘CA eTrust Antivirus’ to approved antivirus scanners.
- Added: New SMTP option to convert bare LFs into CRLF pairs.
- Added: Local IP binding in Outgoing Mails.
- Added: New WebMail ‘Empty Folder’ button on Edit Folders page.
- Added: New WebMail option to control session ID security mechanisms.
- Added: New WebMail option to control drafts behavior.
- Added: New WebMail address book import and export facility.
- Added: User address book import and export facility.
- Added: Shared address book import and export facility.
- Added: ‘Add Users’ button to automatically fill shared address books with users.
- Added: User and domain import and export facility.
- Enhanced: Updated ‘F-Prot Antivirus’ in approved antivirus scanners.
- Enhanced: Users and mailing lists can no longer be accidentally moved to alias or backup domains.
- Enhanced: Remote Admin user and mailing list pages now behave like the dialog interface.
- Enhanced: Remote Admin user editing now returns to the correct page number after saving or canceling.
- Enhanced: Users can no longer be cloned onto alias or backup domains.
- Enhanced: Extended SPF security limits to all DNS lookups.
- Fixed: New changes to accounts didn’t get exported correctly.
- Fixed: Outgoing mails still tried to deliver to email addresses that had no domain.
- Fixed: User POP3 Retrieval test button didn’t use new settings.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003|