Synology has released an update for Disk Station Manager version 6.2.4. Synology DSM is the management software that runs on several of the company’s NAS products. The Disk and Rack Stations offer more than just extra storage space. For example, additional packages can be installed to allow the device to function as a media server, web server, print server or backup server, for example. The possibilities are endless.
In order to install version 6.2.4, at least version 6.0 must be present. Furthermore, it is only suitable for the NAS models whose type number ends with 11 or higher. For the other conditions and the different downloads, look at this page† In version 6.2, few changes have been made that are important to home users. The necessary changes and improvements have been made for the heavier models and the NAS that are used in business environments. This release fixes a vulnerability in Samba:
- The update is expected to be available in all regions shortly, while the time of release in each region vary slightly. If you want to update your DSM to this version now, please click here†
- Only Synology NAS with DSM 6.2.4 installed can be updated to this version.
- Fixed an issue where users couldn’t add Google or Outlook accounts at Personal > Email Delivery.
- Fixed an issue where sending a test email would fail if users selected Outlook as the service provider.
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. †Synology-SA-22:03†
- Fixed an issue where filters might not work when users edit domain user or group privileges at Control Panel > Application Privileges.
- Fixed an issue where Avid Pro Tools couldn’t save files via SMB.
|Version number||6.2.4-25556 Update 5|