Synology has released version 6.2.1 of Disk Station Manager. Synology DSM is the management software that runs on various products of the company. The Disk and Rack Stations offer more than just extra storage space. This way, backups of all clients on the network can also be made and files can be downloaded via http, ftp, bittorrent, usenet and emule, so that, for example, energy-efficient PCs can go out at night, while the download simply arrives. Furthermore, audio and video files can be streamed over the network via the built-in iTunes server, a dynamic website can be hosted using php and MySQL and the device can act as a print server.
To be able to install version 6.2, a minimal version will be required. 6.0 must be present. Furthermore, it is only suitable for nas models whose type number ends at 11 or higher. Look for the other conditions and the various downloads on this page . In version 6.2 few changes have been made that are important for home users. For the heavier models and the seams used in business environments, the necessary changes and improvements have been made. In this update the following changes and improvements have been made:
What’s New in DSM 6.2.1
- Space reclamation speed of legacy Advanced LUNs is now adjustable
- You can now convert legacy Advanced LUNs into new Advanced LUNs, which comes with instant snapshots and performance improvements
- Added password strength for creating and modifying passwords
- When you install or upgrade your DSM version through the Internet, it will now be upgraded to the corresponding DSM version with critical and security updates. The following models are not available due to hardware performance limitations.
- 11 series: RS411, DS411slim, DS411j, DS411, DS211j, DS211 +, DS211, DS111
- 12 series: RS812, RS212, DS212j, DS212 +, DS212, DS112j, DS112 +, DS112
- 13 series: DS413j, DS413, DS213j, DS213air, DS213 +, DS213
- 14 series: RS814, DS414slim, DS414j, DS414, RS214, DS214se, DS214 +, DS214, DS114
- 15 series: RS815, DS215j, DS115j, DS115
- 16 series : DS216se
- Fixed an issue where users can not snap to snapshots when the volume is full.
- Fixed an issue Windows may falsely detect an error on exFAT format USB drive after it used as the backup destination of Hyper Backup
- Improved Snapshot Replication stability.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect or incomplete update information may be displayed in the DSM Update tab
- Fixed an issue where a single RAID with over 24 drives may fail to assembly a RAID 5/6 / F1 or SHR 1/2 storage pool.
- Fixed an issue where boat failure could occur if the system was rebooted during the conversion process from RAID 5 to RAID 6.
- Enhanced the compatibility of certain drives on Synology NAS and Expansion Unit models.
- via SMB on specific Windows versions after adding their NAS to a Synology Active Directory domain.
- Improved Windows client synchronization with DSM after it is added to a Synology Active Directory domain. Upgrading Active Directory Server to version 4.4.5-0077 or above is required.
- Modified HDD hibernation mechanism to prevent HDDs from entering hibernation when a volume is degraded, crashed, or not created.
- Adjusted the default range of passive Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Linux kernel (CVE-2018-1000199, CVE-2018-8897, CVE-2017-0861).
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding OpenSSL (CVE-2018-0739).
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding security (CVE-2018-1124).
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding ISC DHCP (CVE-2017-3144).  Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities ( Synology-SA-18: 51 ).
- Minor bug fixes.