Sony has released a firmware update for several models of its Bravia TVs in the HX800 and HX900 series. The version number is fixed at PKG4.085EUT-0108 and adds support for a new iptv service. For more information on the 2010 Bravia models, check out this topic on our forum. The announcement of this firmware release looks like this:
About this upgrade (25/11/2010)
This file updates the firmware of your TV set to version PKG4.085EUT-0108 and offers the following benefits.
Improvements in this version:
- IPTV new service support.
Applicable to the following models:
- KDL-40HX800 / HX803 / HX805
- KDL-46HX800 / HX803 / HX805 / HX900 / HX903 / HX905
- KDL-52HX900 / HX903 / HX905
- Follow the update instructions carefully. If you do not follow the instructions, the update may be interrupted and the TV set may become unresponsive or require repair.
- Do not switch off the appliance or remove the plug from the socket. If the power is interrupted during the installation of the firmware update, the TV set may become unresponsive or require repair.