Nikon has for its Z6– digital system cameras released new firmware, with 2.00 as version number. These cameras have an fx-cmos image sensor with 24.5 megapixels on board and are suitable for lenses with a Nikon Z mount. The firmware can be installed from a Windows or macOS machine and is approximately 28MB in size. The list of changes for this update is as follows:
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.01 to 2.00
- Added AF Eye Detection for use when shooting still images. To enable AF Eye Detection, select:
- AF-S or AF-C for Focus Mode in PHOTO SHOOTING MENU
- Auto-area AF for AF-area mode in PICTURE SHOOTING MENU
- Face and Eye Detection on for Custom Setting a4 (Auto Area AF Face/Eye Detection) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
When the camera detects the face of a portrait subject, the face is enclosed in an amber frame to indicate the focus point. When the subject’s eyes are detected, an amber frame appears, indicating the focus point around each eye. If the camera detects more than one face or eye, triangles will appear on each side of the focus point; to place the focus point on another face or eye, press the multi or sub selector left or right.
- Autofocus performance improved for photos and movies shot in low light: -3.5 – 19 EV (low light autofocus -6 – 19 EV), measured in single-servo AF (AF-S) shooting mode at ISO 100 and 20°C with an f/2 lens.
- The following improvements have been made to the Continuous H (extended) option for Release mode:
- Not only focus but also exposure now reacts to changes in the subject while shooting
- Burst display after memory buffer fills up is now easier to read
- Reduces the time that the screen turns off (the blackout period) when taking pictures with On or On (monitor only) selected for Image Review in the PLAYBACK MENU.
- Item d5 in the PERSONAL SETTING MENU, formerly Electr. front curtain shutter, has been renamed Shutter Type and offers a choice of Auto, Mechanical shutter, and Electric. front curtain shutter. When Auto is selected, the camera automatically chooses a shutter type depending on shutter speed.
- Changes the color the focus point gets when the AF-ON button is pressed or the shutter-release button is pressed halfway with Auto-area AF selected and face detection or target tracking active.
- Help text edited and revised.
- The following issues have been resolved:
- The camera stopped responding when certain operations were performed while HDMI output was in progress at 3,840 x 2,160 (4K UHD) selected for image size.
- The value selected for maximum sensitivity was sometimes exceeded when shooting movies in mode M with On selected for Auto ISO sensitivity. (st. M) when Active D-Lighting was turned on.
- The items in My Menu were sometimes not displayed correctly.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|