AVM recently released new firmware for its AVM Fritz!box Fon Wlan 7360. The 7360, which is supplied to Xs4all customers among others, is an adsl 2 modem, gigabit router, access point up to and including 802.11n and dect base station. for up to six handsets in one. Furthermore, the device has two USB connections, with which a printer or external storage capacity can be shared on the network, or a 3G modem can be connected as a backup connection. Reverting to the original firmware is always possible, so make sure you have a backup. Updating the firmware can be done from the user interface self. Among other things, this update closes the vulnerability that could be used for telephone fraud.
- Security: removes possibility for unauthorized access to FRITZ!Box. Please check for important information here.
- added Dialplan for New Zealand
- New with FRITZ!OS 6:
- Wireless LAN Guest Access new as “private hotspot”
- Ready for vectoring
- Parental control with shared budget for multiple devices
- Improved and expanded push services with automatic email notifications
- New MyFRITZ! access to answering machine, Smart Home and FRITZ!NAS for mobile devices
- Smart Home functionality now even more convenient and with more information
- FRITZ!Fon with media player and much more
- Easier VPN setup, optimized for iOS tablets and smartphones