Asus has released new firmware for the RT-AC66U. This router can provide clients with network access both wired and wireless. Wireless supports the unofficial 802.11ac standard, with a speed of up to 1.3Gbit/s. There are also two USB ports, so that a printer or external storage can be shared over the network. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Allowed LAN stateful settings for DHCP6.
- Allowed manually scan after reset.
- Modified DMZ settings in load-balanced mode.
- Modified virtual server settings in load balanced mode.
- Modified some FAQ hyperlinks.
- Modified configurations of WeTelecom WM-D300.
- Fixed several UI issues.
- Fixed download master install issue.
- Fixed VPN client DNS issues.
- Fixed open VPN manual client list setting issues.
- Fixed PPPoE throughput issues.
- Fixed media server related issues.
- Fixed httpd vulnerably issues.
- Add new Malaysia 3G ISP in USB modem.
- Add media bridge mode.
- Add OpenVPN, VPN Client.
- Enable WPS under AP mode.