Asus has released a new BIOS for its A8N-E motherboard. The new release has been given version number 1006 and is available from here are downloaded. The download contains only the updated ROM image, so there will be a DOS flop and a flash utility should be initiated. For those who prefer not to be old skool, there is always the live update function under Windows. Asus recommends that you first upgrade to the latest version of the chipset drivers before installing the new BIOS, otherwise Windows may crash. The full release notes are as follows:
Changes in this release:
- Fixed some Low-RPM CPU fans show 0 RPM in H/W Monitor when Q-fan Enabled
- Fixed system will hang in memory test 2.09GB if Quick Boot disabled.
- Change class code of SATA to fit new Driver (WHQL) if RAID is enabled.
- Fixed K8 Vcore will set wrong value under AI-Booster.
To avoid crashing file system, please do update the chipset driver to below version prior to this Bios.
- For WinXP 32bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.65 or later
- For WinXP 64bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.65 or later
- For Win2k/2003 32bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.66 or later
- For Win2003 64bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.66 or later